Safety Warnings & Guidelines:
Please read the user manual before using this device, paying extra attention to the safety warnings and guidelines.
Quick Start Guide
Out of the box, the Mini Pro 3D Printer is ready to print; but like all 3D Printers, there is a workflow involved in getting started. This guide is to assist you in getting the printer up and running for the first time.
Please open the package and verify the package contents; if any items are missing, please contact the Technical Support Team for further assistance. Package should include the following:
- 1x Mini Pro 3D Printer.
- 1x Filament Holder
- 1x Plastic Scraper
- 1x USB Cable
- 1x Micro SD Card
- 1x Hex Wrench
- Power Adapter
- AC Power Cord
- Open the printer from its packaging and place it on a flat stable surface.
- Start by opening the Accessories pack that came with the printer to lay out all components.
- In the Accessories Box you will find the filament spool holder, attach this to the left side of the printer into the slot and push down to seat.
- Ensure the printer Power Switch is in the OFF Position (O side is pressed down), Plug in the supplied Power Adapter barrel into the rear panel of the printer to the right of the Power Switch. After you will also connect the AC Power Cord into the Power Adapter and plug into a wall outlet socket.
- Before powering on the printer, insert the supplied SD Card into the SD Card slot on the right side of the printer next to the USB port.
- *It is good practice to have the printer powered off before inserting or removing the SD Card as to avoid any damage to the card or corruption.
- Power on the printer by pressing the I side of the power switch on the rear panel, and you will now be taken to the Home Screen of the printer’s on-screen display.
- Press the Move button on the printer’s on-screen display, and you will be taken to the Move Menu.
- The next screen will display all the axis and movement directions. For the Z-Axis there will be three buttons to select from, you will be pressing the center button to access the Auto Bed Leveling Menu and Bed Level Correction screen.
- *If your printer has the first Generation User Interface, the menu to access the Auto Bed Leveling screen will be on the bottom of the screen listed as “Tune”.
- Press the Auto Leveling button. The Printer will now move the extruder to multiple points to measuring the distance between the nozzle and the print bed to determine the local offset at each point. (Please note this function only works for Metal Print Beds).
- If you want to adjust the Bed Level Correction, you can make adjustments in the same menu by touching Close or Far. The Bed Level Correction is the distance below 0 at which the nozzle should adjust to in order to have a proper gap between the nozzle and the print bed.
- *Adjustments to the Z-Axis offset may need to be made once the printing process has started to fine tune the gap between the Nozzle and the Print Bed.
- Once completed, Press the check mark on the screen to return to the Move Menu, and back once more to return to the Main Menu.
Loading the Filament
- Now that the Calibration is complete, the next thing you will do is pre-heat the nozzle so that filament can be fed into the extruder.
- Select Preheat in the on-screen display and you will be taken to the Preheat Menu. The Nozzle and Bed will display the current actual temperature. By selecting Nozzle, the Current Actual Temperature that is displayed will change to the Target temperature you wish to set.
- *Desired temperatures for the Nozzle and the Bed depend on the filament brand and type being used. Generally, for PLA you will preheat to 195 degrees on the nozzle and 45 degrees for the bed.
- Once the temperature is set to the desired value, press the Check Mark Button and the figure shown will now change back to the Actual Temperature, and list the Target Temperature below. Repeat steps for the Bed. The Start Preheat button will now change to Stop Preheat.
- *While the printer is pre-heating, you will want to prepare the filament to be loaded by cutting the end of the filament to a 45-degree angle or so that it is to a point
- Touch the Back button in the preheat menu to return to the main menu and navigate to the Move Menu once more.
- Now you will insert the filament into the Filament Feed Mechanism. While compressing down the tensioner assembly on the top of the printer, insert the spool into the tensioner and through the Bowden connector.
- With the filament inserted and able to move inward freely, using the on-screen display, press the Down arrow of the E-axis (Right side of the Move Menu in the second version of the user interface. Left side of the Menu in the first version of the User Interface.) to feed the filament into the extruder. Up will retract the filament away from the extruder. Continue pressing the Down arrow until 2 to 3 inches of filament has been extruded from the nozzle. Use the plastic scraper to remove the excess filament from the build plate.
- *Moving the extruder physically to the far right of the X-Axis helps with providing a straight path to the nozzle for the filament to feed.
- Press the Back button to go back to the Home screen.
- Press the Print button on the Home Menu and select the Test Print File from the preloaded files on the SD Card.
- *Adjustments may need to be made to the Bed Level Correction before prints are at the best quality.
- CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR 3D PRINTER IS SETUP AND READY FOR USE!