If your printer does not recognize the inkjet, you can clean the chip to ensure the contact points are communicating correctly.
- Turn on the printer and open the top cover. The print cartridge (print head) cradle moves to the center of the printer.
- With the door open and the cartridge cradle in the center position, unplug the power cord at the printer or wall. This will freeze the carriage in place. DO NOT try to move the carriage back to the docking position, this can damage the printer.
- Remove the print cartridge (print head) from the printer. Beware: Do not leave the print cartridge uncapped for more than 8 minutes or the nozzle may clog.
- Clean the chip on the ink cartridge with lint-free cloth or cotton swab. Distilled (drinking) water is recommended. Tap water may contain contaminates. Moisten lightly the cloth or swab and remove any contaminates (grease or ink) build up. Used a second cloth or swab to remove all moisture from the contacts, both in the printer and cartridge(s).
- Reinstall the print cartridge(s) (print head), closed lid, and reconnect the power source back to the printer.
- Verify with the printer or computer that any ink error(s) has been eliminated.